Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Ahhhh Christmas!

I love this time of year...from the day after Thanksgiving to the very last minute of 12/25.
Everything just has an extra sheen of special wrapped around it!

I listen to Christmas carols as early as possible...just for the simple fact that they make me feel good. Well, except for Mariah Carey and Wham, those particular songs (which EVERY STATION seems to love and play on constant repeat) make me want to hurt puppies.

With Christmas falling on a Tuesday this year, we ended up having 3 amazing parties right in a row.
This meant a LOT of kitchen time for me. I love cooking and baking, but wow, what a lot of quality time with my stove and dishwasher.

On Sunday, 12/23 we held a Patriots football party (yes, we beat Jacksonville). Considering how close it was to the big day, we had quite the houseful!
For this party I made:
Junk Salad
Sausage and Peppers
Chili Pizzas
Snickerdoodles

On Monday, 12/24 we hosted Christmas Eve for some friends and my husband's side of the family.
It's a great time, just being with people you do not get to see often. We exchange gifts and eat until we cannot eat any more!
For this party I made:
Spinach Soup
Buffalo Chicken Poppers
Carmel Almond Poke Cake
Carmelized Onion Bruschetta
Holiday Bacon Appetizers
Mozzarella stuffed meatballs

Tuesday, 12/25 was the magic day.
This was a little different sort of a year. My Nana (who is the most awesome person EVER) always spends the night Christmas Eve and spends Christmas morning opening presents with us. Since she is so ill, we all went to her house this year.
We did a Yankee swap (vs. pulling names as in years past) and she got into it. So very, very cute!
For this party I made*:
Biscuits and Gravy
Peanut Butter Pie

It was a special year. Cousins we never see on Christmas came to visit and spend the day with Nana. She loved every minute of having so much family around. It is overwhelming for her; loud and crowded....and it was the best medicine for her.
As tired as she was, she would not have missed a minute!
She is so very proud of her family, and loves so intensely. She is the matriarch of a 4 generation family...high honors.

Merry Christmas to my family, even with our differences, we stand stronger than most!
With an extra dose of love for my amazing Nana.

* I will link to these recipes as they are posted



No comments:

Post a Comment