Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spinach Soup

I am a book junkie. I will read (pretty much) any type of book.
I average almost 100 books a year, it's a great escape for me.

There is a series of mystery books by Diane Mott Davidson and her main character is a caterer. In each book she includes the recipes that the caterer makes.

I found a blog that included most, if not all of the printed recipes, and this is one of them.

When I made this soup, I found it was missing a little something. Sodium. As a family who isn't a big fan of salt, we decided to add some parmesan cheese. It was perfect!
(The lack of salt could be because I used veggie stock instead of chicken since a vegetarian friend will be eating this with us)


Ingredients:
5 Tbsp butter
¼ Lb mushrooms, diced
1 Scallion, chopped
5 Tbsp flour
2 Cup chicken broth
2 Cup milk
½ Tbsp salt
Black Pepper to taste
Ground Nutmeg (pinch or so)
¼ Lb cream cheese
1 Cup grated Jarlsberg
¾ Lb fresh spinach

Directions:
1. Melt butter in large saucepan
2. Saute the mushrooms and scallion until tender
3. Add flour and stir for a couple of minutes
4. Add liquids and cook until thickened
5. Stir in cheeses
6. Add spinach
7. Stir gently and heat thoroughly


Print


I got photobombed by heavy cream! I must have taken it out of the fridge because it was in the way of something else and just included it in the picture. By the time I realized my mistake, most of the packaging was gone and I was NOT digging thru the trash!


No comments:

Post a Comment