Thursday, March 28, 2013

Nana's Egg-A-Muffin

This is my Nana's go to breakfast when she had a lot of us grand kids hanging around. I think I can even remember having these for lunch or dinner every now and again.

It has to be made with Spam to have the same flavor. (it's actually the only way I will eat Spam). Hubby, of course, has to be difficult and refuse to even try it with Spam. He has ham. I need to come up with a new name for his sandwich because it stops being Nana's!

It is important to butter the English muffin after toasting so it has some "give" when you are biting into it. I forgot once, it was messy.

Some people like their Spam cut thick. I, personally, like mine thin so the edges get crispy.


Ingredients:
Spam
Egg
Cheese
English Muffin
Butter


Directions:
1. Toast English muffin, butter each side
2. Fry Spam until crispy
3. Fry egg, melting a piece of cheese
4. Assemble sandwich


Print


For the cheese, I love a soft cheddar, like Cooper or Hoffman's from the deli. I didn't have any on hand, so I used Kraft singles. They worked alright.

Fry the spam....

and the eggs....

Make sure the English is toasted AND buttered!



ENJOY!

Updated picture: January 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment