Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chicken Saltimbocca

I love chicken.
I love chicken recipes.

I saw this one online and decided to try it. I have had saltimbocca in restaurants, but never bothered to try this at home.
It was sooooo easy!

I used breasts instead of cutlets, so I didn't get the super tight roll that I am used to seeing, but that is ok, it's what made it "mine".
I also used ham since I couldn't find procuitto right off and I was annoyed at being at the grocery.

I went back to the original recipe to comment on how delish it was, and that is when I noticed that she had gotten this from a Weight Watchers cookbook. My family and I had no idea we were eating healthy...love when that happens!

Ingredients:
6 Chicken cutlets
1 Tbsp minced fresh sage leaves
½ Tsp salt
6 Thin slices prosciutto
6 Thin slices provolone cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tsp butter
1 Medium onion, finely chopped
⅓ Cup Marsala wine

Directions:
1. Lightly pound the chicken in a gallon sized ziploc
2. Sprinkle with sage and salt
3. Top with prosciutto and provelone
4. Roll cutlets and secure with toothpicks
5. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight
6. Heat large non stick skillet over medium high heat.
7. Add oil and butter, mix
8. Add chicken rolls, browning on all sides (about 3 minutes each)
9. Tranfer rolls to another plate
10. In the same skillet, cook onions until golden
11. Add Marsala and the browned chicken.
12. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until cooked through


Print


Ingredients

Cooking my chicken....my much thicker chicken

Oh but the taste was just right!



No comments:

Post a Comment