Sunday, December 30, 2012

Shepherd's Pie

I can see people questioning this recipe. No, it's not traditional, I know that.
But it's simple, and good.

Personally, I do not believe there is a wrong way to make a Shepherd's Pie...meat, veggie, and potato...good enough.
This was my version when I very first started cooking, and I have stuck to it.

I have made it differently, and have seen some new recipes for it that I will get around to trying, but this is my bare bones basic.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef, browned
2 Cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
4 Cups mashed potato
Cheddar cheese
Gravy


Directions:
1. Brown hamburger and mix with thawed vegetables
2. Line 9x13 pan with meat mixture
3. Top with mashed potato
4. Bake at 350 until mix potato is golden brown
5. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake until cheese is melted
6. Serve with hot gravy


Print



1 comment:

  1. I love Shepherd's Pie!! A comfort food for me!! =)

    ReplyDelete