Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sesame Vegetables

Once upon a time I received a free pack of random recipe cards in the mail. They were probably set as a sample, to entice me to buy into a whole series of them...but NAH!
This recipe came in the pack, and I have sat on it for years, I think I forgot it existed.

But, that is all behind us now. I have made this recipe, and it received thumbs up all around.
I used green cabbage (as I had it on hand from making Caboosta) and added the Sesame Oil for an extra kick of flavor.

I decided on the sesame oil later while making this...so, that item is missing from the picture. I am sure you can forgive my little improvision, especially since I really think this dish needed it.

The vegetables can be cut for this in advance. I would suggest keeping them refrigerated in cold water. Drain well before using.

Ingredients
2 red bell peppers
2 green bell peppers
2 medium zucchini
4 carrots
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ small head cabbage (red or green)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 teaspoons rice vinegar
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Dash sesame oil

Directions:
1. Cut vegetables julienne-style
2. Heat large skillet over medium high heat, add oil
3. Add bell peppers, zucchini, and carrots. Stir fry for 5 minutes
4. Add cabbage, salt and pepper to skillet. Stir fry for 1 minute
5. Mix vinegar and water in a measuring cup. Add to skillet. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
6. Add sesame seed and sesame oil. Stir fry for 1 minute.


Print me here


Ingredients, minus the last minute sesame oil

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment