Saturday, December 15, 2012

Better than KFC coleslaw

I found this recipe on www.copykat.com and adapted it.

As a devout avoider of any and all coleslaw, I had my doubts, but hubby and darling daughter like it and wanted me to make some.
I tried this recipe...and fell in love!
I still don't like any other, but this one is special.

I brought it to a friend's house for a cookout one sunny day. He had tons of food leftover so brought a bunch down to his parents.
I got a phone call the next day BEGGING for this recipe. Apparently it tastes the same as one his mom used to have as a child.
So glad I could bring her back in time, even just for a meal!


Better than KFC coleslaw

Ingredients:
2 Bags of pre shredded cole slaw mix
2 Cups mayo
1 Cup sugar
¼ Cup white vinegar
¼ Cup vegetable oil

Directions:

  1. Mix all of the dressing ingredients
  2. Stir until well blended
  3. Add cabbage mix
  4. Store in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment