Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard Nemo 2013

Ahhhh...winter in New England.

2011 and 2012 we had freak October storms and not much of anything else.
I guess 2013 decided to make it up to us!


We are in the midst of "Blizzard Nemo".
Seriously?
Not only does it seem a little bit of a wimpy name, Facebook has been blowing up with super witty jokes like this

I giggled at the first one or two that I saw, but now it's getting old folks...really old.

The snow started at about 10 am (for us) Friday and they aren't calling for it to be done until Saturday night. The Governor has banned all travel. After 4 pm, if you are caught driving (unless you are a plow truck driver) you can be fined $500 and face up to a year in jail.
This is some serious weather! 

Holy snow totals Batman!

This, ironically, is the 35th anniversary of the blizzard of 1978. A whole week anniversary since it just shut the state completely down.



Hubby, darling daughter and I spent the day inside, warm on the couch! 
(Also taking advantage of computers, televisions, and charging phones)

Thursday night I had thrown some chicken into the crock pot for shredded chicken to keep on hand, so as a quick lunch I made Copy Cat Willow Tree chicken salad.

For dinner, I have some red beans and rice in the crock pot ready to warm our bellies!
I am also going to make up a big pot of creamy onion soup for tomorrow. There is nothing better than shoveling, freezing, and coming in to a steaming cup of soup!

To my Northern readers, I hope you are warm, safe, and have power!
Grab a cup of cocoa and relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment