Saturday, February 16, 2013

Eclair

Once upon a time, in a land far far away...I was an 8th grade Home Ec student.
I know we made a few simple items, but this is the only recipe I have kept on to. They are so simple, even (an 8th grade) child can make it.

During that class I learned how to make a pillow too. Mine was a lavender with lace eyelet around the edges. I thought I was hot stuff because my pillow was chosen to be on display in the school trophy case.
I do wonder whatever happened to that pillow. It has either been destroyed by time, or still packed away somewhere in my parents attic. We may never know!

Ingredients:
1 Cup water
1 Cup all purpose flour
½ Tsp salt
4 Eggs
½ Cup butter
1 Tsp sugar
1 Box vanilla pudding mix
½ Container whipped topping
Chocolate frosting


Directions:
1. Put water, salt, sugar, and butter into a heavy sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil.
2. Add flour all at once
3. Remove from heat and stir until the flour is completely mixed
4. Beat in eggs one at a time
5. Put mixture in refrigerator for 15 minutes
6. Shape dough into small hot dog shapes and place on generously greased cookie sheet
7. Cook at 400 (20 minutes for small and 35 minutes for large)
8. Mix pudding mix and whipped topping, set aside
9. 5 minutes before they are done, poke a hole in the end of the pastry with a sharp knife
10. Use a pastry bag (or zipper bag with corner snipped off) to fill eclairs
11. Frost top


Print

No comments:

Post a Comment