Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Almond Snowballs

Isn't it funny how certain things can evoke a memory...even if you don't really have a specific memory?
Did I confuse you?

I was playing around online and found this recipe. As soon as I saw the picture I remembered these cookies...from where though? I don't know anyone in my family that has made them...I don't remember ever trying them before...they just looked, familiar.

Well, we can't have that whole "confusing, maybe imagined memory" thing going on...so I made them.
Now they are more than a pretend memory, they are ingrained!

Just as a note, I did not have slivered almonds. I used whole and chopped them up tiny. Seemed to work just fine!

Ingredients:
½ Cup slivered almonds
1 Cup butter (room temperature)
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Cup powdered sugar
2 ½ Cups all purpose flour
¼ Tsp salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan for 6 minutes
3. Process almonds in a food processor for 30 seconds or until finely ground
4. Beat butter at medium speed until creamy.
5. Gradually add vanilla and powdered sugar, beating well. Dough will be crumbly
6. Shape dough into ¾ inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets
7. Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
8. Cool on baking sheet
9. Roll cooled cookies in powdered sugar


Print


Ingredients

Remember the snowballs!


No comments:

Post a Comment