I will apologize in advance for this recipe.
I get asked for it, so I am including it...but it's one of those things I have always just eyeballed and never had a set recipe.
A lot of it depends on what kind of cheeses I have on hand.
I like to use a minimum of 3 kinds.
Sometimes I like to be basic with cheddar and American
Gruyere is yummy added to this, as is Jarlsberg.
The combinations are endless. It's all in what flavors your family enjoy.
1 box pasta (your choice)
Half and Half
1. Cook pasta
2. Make a roux using the butter and flour
3. Add half and half slowly, stirring frequently until you have the right amount of liquid (bechamel)
4. Add a heavy dash of the dry mustard and Worc sauce. Add some pepper.
5. Slowly add in cheeses until well melted (Mornay)
6. Drain and add pasta to cheese mixture
7. Stir and serve
If baking the pasta, add a mixture of bread crumbs and parmesan to the top. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.