Not for a meal, not for a side, just on a whim I whipped these up one Sunday afternoon. As hubby and I were chopping away, we were trying to decide what they would actually go with.
They have such a strong flavor, they stand well on their own and might overpower a piece of your meal.
We decided these would be perfect for a brunch.
That way people are picking and choosing and actually looking for a plethora of flavors.
So, here you go, adapted from Brown Eyed Baker, some yummy brunch biscuits!
2 Cups all purpose flour
1 Tsp baking powder
¾ Tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter, cubed and chilled
10 Tbsp milk
4 Tbsp vegetable oil
10 slices thick cut bacon
1 Cup finely diced onion
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Grease a standard muffin pan and set aside
3. Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp.
4. Pour off grease, reserving about 1 Tbsp
5. Cook onions in reserved bacon grease until soft and browned
6. Remove from pan to cool
7. Chop the cooled bacon and set aside
8. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt
9. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until combined and the mixture is crumbly
10. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, and egg
11. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until mostly moistened
12. Add bacon, onions, and cheddar cheese. Gently mix together until combined.
13. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans14. Bake 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown
I forgot the dang bacon! Then again, it just wouldn't be my blog if I remembered everything all the time!
Serve warm...they just melt in your mouth!