Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Veggie and Cheese Bagel Sandwich

We were out and about at a friend's house one night. When we got home, I had other baking that had to get done ASAP. By the time I was available to make dinner, it was getting late. None of us wanted anything super heavy, so I remembered this recipe.

When I made this, I pulled all the bread out of the middle of the bagel, so it was more like bagel bread than thick bagels.
I also left off the avocado. (need I remind you why?)

Served this up with some tomato soup and we were all happy campers.
My daughter added some bread and butter pickles to hers. I didn't taste it...she ate it too fast!
I also had some radishes on hand, so I added those to hubby's.



Ingredients:
½ Block of cream cheese
2 Whole green onions, chopped
Tomato
Cucumber
Avocado
Red Onion
1 Whole bagel
Alfalfa Sprouts
Sliced Muenster cheese
Sliced Cheddar cheese
Lettuce

Directions:
1. Place half block of cream cheese on a plate and mash it with a fork. Mix in green onions.
2 Slice all veggies, very thin
3. Slice bagel in half
4. Spread cream cheese generously on both sides of bagel
5. Layer vegetables and cheeses


Print


The ingredients I used. Since the radishes and pickles were last minute additions, they didn't make it into the "class picture".

My tortured bagel, it made a great tunnel for the cream cheese!

Healthy and delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment