Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pork Chops and Gravy

I look for any excuse to use my crock pot. It's a staple in my busy life, it saves us from ordering out way more than we should.

I came across this recipe here and just knew we had to try it.

In my freezer was already a pack of pork chops, and everything else were ingredients I always have on hand anyway. Winner!
My pack of pork chops only had 4, and the recipe called for 6. Oh well.

After everything was said and done though, it was a good amount of gravy for 4...not so much for 6. (yes, I know I could have added more broth to make it stretch for 6, but it made me happy to have the right amount for 4)

We decided on rice to serve this with, and it went so deliciously well with the gravy. No salt or pepper needed for my crew, we liked the flavor just as is!

As a side note, I only had 2.5 hours to cook this...they came out super tender!


Ingredients:
½ Cup all purpose flour
1 ½ Tsp dry mustard
½ Tsp salt
½ Tsp garlic powder
6 boneless pork chops
1 (10 ¾ oz) can chicken broth
2 Tbsp vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish
2. Dredge chops in flour mixture and set aside
3. Combine the remaining flour mixture with the chicken broth and pour into your crock pot.
4. Pour oil into large skillet and heat skillet
5. Cook chops in heated skillet until browned on both sides
6. Place chops in crock pot and cook covered on high for 2-5 hours or until tender
7. Serve with hot rice or mashed potato
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste


Print


Love recipes that call for "everyday" ingredients

This is a new comfort food fave. Easy enough to make in bulk if you were bringing a meal to friends/family.


No comments:

Post a Comment