Saturday, January 12, 2013

Juicy Lucy Burger

What feels like a million years ago, I started experimenting in the kitchen. I thought it would be fun to make a twist on a normal hamburger and have the cheese be like a meat wrapped present INSIDE the burger.

It was always a hit when I made them for my daughter, and a bigger hit when I would bring them to cook outs.
I played with the cheeses...if you wanted melty, use American or Velveeta.
Bleu cheese gave it a savory bite.
Salsa and monterey jack gave it a Mexican flair.
It was F-U-N

Watching TV one night, I think it was Diners, Drive ins and Dives, and I saw something called a "Juicy Lucy" burger. Sad me realized my fun little idea was not original.

I still make them, but changed what I call them, and am more than willing to credit recipes like this one. Going by a recipe like that makes it more authentic. Mine is simple...season as you see fit.

Ingredients:
Hamburger
Seasonings to taste
Melting cheese (like American)


Directions:
1. Form a thin burger patty, with an indent in the middle
2. Place a good amount of cheese into the indent
3. Form another thin burger patty, place on top of the first one
4. Seal sides and cook


Print

No comments:

Post a Comment