Thursday, April 18, 2013

Vidalia Onion Pie

Yet anther recipe I pulled from a Woman's World magazine.

We love cooked onions, and vidalia are just so sweet and delish, we had to try this.

I went to the store, got the onions (isn't it great when you have 99% of everything already in your pantry?) and made this one lazy Friday night.
Usually we do one no-cook night a week, usually Friday...but this sounded so simple, I counted it as no-cook.

This came together so quickly. Right before it was done, I made some childhood favorite, tomato soup.

This dish was everything it promised to be! Sweet onions in a not so heavy egg base...and the cracker crust was so flaky.
Paired with the soup on a cold night, we really enjoyed our easy dinner.

This was so good, and so easy, I whipped up another one the next morning and brought it to my grandmother; which was well received!

Ingredients:
1 Sleeve Ritz crackers (crushed)
¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp butter
1 ¾ Cup chopped vidalia onions
3 Eggs (beaten)
¾ Cup milk
⅛ Tsp salt
⅛ Tsp pepper
3 Tbs parmesan
Dash Paprika

Directions:
1. Melt ¼ cup butter. Mix with crushed Ritz crackers.
2. Press cracker mixture into and up sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
3. Cook onions in 2 tbsp butter until translucent
4. Add onion mixture to pie plate
5. Beat eggs with milk. Add salt and pepper.
6. Add egg mixture to cover onions
7. Sprinkle parmesan all over top.
8. Sprinkle with paprika.
9. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


Print


Ingredients
And I had plenty of onions left over to make the creamy onion soup for later this week!

I now have to head to the fridge for some leftover pie.
I should feel more shame, but I don't! 

No comments:

Post a Comment