Monday, April 29, 2013

Mom's Brownies


These are the brownies I grew up on. They are gooey, chocolatey, and will completely ruin any diet you ever considered.

My mother and I have a life long brownie battle going. She feels all brownies should have walnuts, where as I feel like that is the most horrible thing you could ever do to such a food.
The solution?
Whoever made them got to decide. Sometimes one of us would be nice and make the batter half and half...sometimes.

I made a batch of them today and was amazed at how quickly I was transported back to my childhood!
The smell is just such a trigger. I don't mind....the 6 year old me doesn't have all these adult responsibilities. Being 6 again for a minute doesn't suck.

Ingredients:
8 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 Cup butter
5 Eggs
3 Cups sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 ½ Cups all purpose flour
2 Cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
1. Combine butter and broken up chocolate in a microwave safe bowl
2. Microwave butter and chocolate for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
3. In a larger bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
4. Add chocolate mixture a little at a time to begin with, and then add remaining.
5. Add vanilla, mix.
6. Add flour, ½ cup at a time.
7. Add walnuts (optional)
8. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
9. Bake at 375 for approx 35 minutes.
10. Cool and cut into squares


Ingredients

Choc-o-licious


No comments:

Post a Comment