Friday, April 19, 2013

Bacon and Tomato Macaroni Salad

I think I have an online crush on the Recipe Girl site. I have gathered lots of recipes from here, including this one.

I now have a real-life crush on this macaroni salad!
It was so simple and the flavors mixed so incredibly.

The point of soaking the onions is to take that "bite" out of it. As someone who dislikes all forms of raw onion, I didn't feel it worked well. Next time, I will be leaving the onion out and people can sprinkle it on top as they see fit.

Ingredients:
1 Cup dry elbow macaroni (cooked, drained, and rinsed)
½ Cup diced celery
¼ Cup minced red onion (soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, and then drained)
1 Tbsp minced flat leaf parsley
½ Cup diced tomato
⅓ Cup Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ Tsp dry mustard
½ Tsp sugar
½ Tsp sea salt
Ground black pepper
4 Slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, celery, onion, parsley, and tomato
2. In a small bowl, prepare dressing. Mix mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream, and salt.
3. Add dressing to pasta mixture and stir to combine.
4. Season with pepper to taste.
5. Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.


Print


Ingredients, everything I always have on hand!

Oh it is so good..and since it makes 4 servings...and there are only 3 of us. I have lunch tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment