Tuesday, April 9, 2013

All American Potato Salad

I think I will be doing random recipe cards for the rest of my life! Well, as long as it enhances my eating pleasure...I guess that will not be a bad thing.

After a busy day at work, I decided I would make sandwiches for dinner (reubens, so they were at least HOT sandwiches!) What goes better with sandwiches than potato salad?

I tend to stick to my regular type, but since hubby and the girl actually LIKE potato salad...it was time to branch out.

This one was not my style, to me it was a bit on the spicy side. I mentioned this to many eye rolls and a chorus of "EVERYTHING is too spicy for you!". So, they enjoyed the flavors, that's a plus.
(I admit, I panicked when I saw horseradish as an ingredient. My eyes watered just opening the jar!)

They loved it, they rattled off a list of family and friends who would love this...I guess it's a winner! (To all my family and friends...apparently I will be bringing this to your house at some point. They told me you would want it!)

Ingredients:
2 Lbs potato (about 4) peeled
1 Stalk celery, sliced
½ Cup chopped red pepper
¼ Cup sliced green onions
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
1 Tbsp parsley (or 1 tsp dried)

Directions:
1. Cut potato into 1 ½ inch cubes.
2. Place potato in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Rinse and drain.
4. Combine potato, celery, pepper, and green onion in a medium bowl.
5. Blend mayonnaise, mustard, and horseradish in a small bowl.
6. Add mayonnaise mixture to potato mixture. Mix well.
7. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.


Print


Ingredients: Look at my tiny bag-o-potato trying to hide under the celery! Camera shy?

I do like the colors in this! Hubby said I can feel free to add more green onion next time. Apparently you can never have too much.


2 comments:

  1. I love potato salad and think it is the perfect dish for Memorial Day or any other holiday! Thanks for linking to the Patriot's Palooza party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jay - Nothing is better at a summer picnic than a great potato salad. Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete