Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookie Cheesecake Bars

Hubby dearest was going to hang out with some of his friends and watch some sporting event...I don't think it matters which one...they are guys, they will watch ANY sport. They also like to watch the replays...over and over and over.

Caveman time, oops, I mean "guy time" is important. They don't gather without the wives very often, so it's good for the soul

The girl child and I look forward to it, we get to just BE!

My mother always taught me never to go somewhere empty handed, I assume that means even when it's not me that is going.
Knew this would be a guy pleasing dessert. I have yet to meet a guy who didn't have some sort of ingrained soft spot for anything involving peanut butter.

When hubby came home, he said that the host was going nuts over this dessert. In the meantime, the host's wife came home from work and tried one and sent me a text. All it said was "OMG can I say yummmmmm". I assumed she meant these bars, considering it was all I sent.

Try them, you will be glad you did.


Ingredients:
1 Cup peanut butter
½ + ¼ Cup granulated sugar, divided
½ Cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 Eggs
¼ Cup sour cream
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
¾ Cup chocolate chips
½ Cup Reese’s Pieces


Directions:

1. Line a 9x9 baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.

2. Preheat oven to 350

3. Mix peanut butter, ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and one egg in a large bowl.

4. Press into the bottom if your prepared pan

5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over peanut butter layer

6. Beat cream cheese, sour cream, 1 egg, and ¼ cup sugar.

7. Beat on high with hand mixer, trying to remove as many lumps as possible
8. Pour cheesecake mixture on top of chocolate chips and spread to coat evenly
9. Sprinkle with Reese’s Pieces.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top just begins to brown (center will still wiggle a little)
11. Cool for an hour, and then place in fridge for 4 hours.
12. Slice into bars and serve.


Print


Make sure the cream cheese and sour cream are at room temperature

I had saved a piece at home for the girl child and I. One was not enough!

This recipe shared on The Lady Behind the Curtain, Sugar and Dots, Buns in my Oven, The Tasty Fork, Tumbleweed Contessa, and Mandy's Recipe Box

3 comments:

  1. what a fun idea to use the candy on top. yum! Just hopped over from Saturday dishes Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so cool! My name is Katie and I host Fall Into the Holidays, open Saturdays! I'd love to have you link up!
    http://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/2013/10/12/fall-into-the-holidays-4-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...looks delicious. Thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes. I hope you'll return next week when we feature tailgating recipes. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete