Though, it has never occurred to me to learn how to make it on my own.
Poking around online, I came across this recipe.
Oh the possibilities!
I made this as is, but I can imagine mixing in some raspberry jam....or using some citrus zest in the icing...or...or...or...
Seriously the possibilities are endless.
To make matters worse, I now know how to make this. It's easy...and delicious.
Heaven help my waistline!
1 Tube crescent rolls
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (softened)
½ Cup sugar
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 Cup powdered sugar
4 Tbsp heavy cream
Splash vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla
3. Open crescent roll dough and unroll, leaving crescents in rectangles
4. On an ungreased baking sheet, lay the crescent roll rectangles together, lining them up width wise. (dough should be almost the entire length of the sheet pan)
5. Press edges together, and seal all holes
6. Spread cream cheese filling down the center of the dough, about 2-3 inches wide
7. Cut ½ inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough
8. Fold each ½ inch dough piece up over the filling. Alternate sides to get a braided pattern.
9. Bake for 20-30 minutes until filling is set and crescent dough is golden in color.
10. One danish has cooled, remove to a serving platter
11. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream to create icing12. Drizzle icing over danish
My ugliest braid EVER