Friday, May 31, 2013

Crock Pot Cheeseburgers

Three cheers for another easy crock pot recipe!
Adapted from here.

While making dinner one night, I browned the hamburger for this meal. What is one more dish when I already have multiple going?

Got everything together, tossed it into the crock pot and set it in the fridge for the next day. In the am, before leaving for work, I turned it on and away I went.

When I got home, I could smell this as soon as I opened the door. It was cheesy, tangy, and comforting.
One good stir and we were ready to eat.
(I also used a crock pot liner, so there was next to no clean up)

Making it the night before, and having the liner meant for a night with no clean up. I am sure you all feel and share my joy!

Ingredients:
2 Lbs ground beef
¼ Tsp ground black pepper
2 oz Velveeta, cubed
2 Tbsp milk
2-3 Tbsp pickle relish
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
3 Tbsp ketchup
1 Green bell pepper, chopped
1 Small onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, pressed
Sandwich buns

Directions:
1. In large skillet, over medium heat, brown ground beef with green pepper, onion, and black pepper until beef is cooked through.
2. Drain meat and transfer to a crock pot
3. Add all other ingredients (except buns)
4. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours


Printable


Just realized that the Velveeta box sort of blends in behind the mustard. Whoops!

Hubby says it's like a cheeseburger sloppy joe.


No comments:

Post a Comment