Monday, May 20, 2013

Stuffed Mushrooms

Stuffed mushrooms are delicious. I love, love, love them.

When I moved out on my own (and before the internet was so easily available) I decided I wanted to make them. The problem was, I had no idea HOW.

I did what I thought seemed good, and it worked for me! I have tried different recipes over the years, but keep coming back to my original. It's like a little reminder that sometimes the simplest foods are the yummiest.

Starting with whole mushrooms, pull out the stems.
Dice them up fine and toss them in a bowl.
Add about 4 tbsp melted butter.
Add about 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs.
Season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.

Mix together and stuff your mushrooms.

Bake at 350 until visibly cooked through.


This time I decided to top them with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese

Here they are ready to be cooked. I brought them to my host's house and cooked them there. Neglected to take my camera though! By the time I thought to use my phone (duh) they were all gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment