Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Happy Mother's Day to all!

My lovely mother was just up for a visit, it was fantastic to see her, to hug her, and just to be with her!
While she was here, she made a batch of her brownies, oh the yumminess!

We were in the kitchen working together, making food for another function. We don't get to do this very often anymore, and I enjoyed every minute.
(Well, I didn't enjoy the mess we made, I was cleaning chocolate from places I didn't even know existed!)

I am sitting here on this rainy morning looking at sleeping hubby to my left. Sleeping daughter on the love seat, and even sleeping Lennon the cat hanging on the back of the couch.
My breakfast is a cold, leftover piece of chicken teriyaki.
My plans are ZERO.

I am OK with this though. I got up, took a LONG, HOT shower, I have been putzing on the laptop all morning, and as soon as I hit "publish" on this page, I am curling up with a book I have been trying to finish.

I am content and full of love.
The person who calls me "mom" is by my side.

There is no more perfect way to spend my Mother's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment