Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Greek Dip Platter

My bunch of friends love to try new things.
Considering this recipe had everything we all liked...it was worth a try.

Recipe adapted from here.

My daughter was drooling watching me make this. I think if she could manage to live off olives and hummus, she would.
Hubby and I, on the other hand, were a little stand off-ish due to the hummus.

Let me tell you, the combination of flavors is amazing! Both of us ate it with no trace of "hummus, yuck".

Friends were spooning this dip into their mouths, very pleased that it was "healthy"! We brought pita chips, but someone else had brought whole wheat crackers and they were a great match up.
I think people even preferred the crackers so they could have a mega scoop of dip.

 Ingredients:
6 oz plain Greek yogurt
8-10 oz Roasted red pepper hummus
Minced red onion
Chopped cucumber
Chopped tomato
Chopped kalamata olives
Feta cheese
Parsley

Directions:
1. Spread Greek yogurt on the bottom of a platter
2. Spread hummus evenly on top
3. Sprinkle with chopped veggies and feta cheese
4. Top with parsley
5. Serve with pita chips, carrots, and celery







No comments:

Post a Comment