Saturday, May 25, 2013

Baked Beans

I love this baked bean recipe. It's easy enough to make for weeknight dinners as it only takes a couple of hours.

Hubby always loves them, but every now and again I get "these are good, but I do really like my mother's". I called her the other day to find out how she makes hers...if he wants them, I will make them (eventually).

We compared recipes, and there is only slight differences. Once I try hers, I will post that as well.

Hubby truly feels that the difference really is in the fact that she uses a bean pot. Since I don't have one, I will have to borrow hers when I make them.

Ingredients:
40 oz can of kidney beans, drained
Onion, chopped
½ Cup brown sugar
1 Cup molasses
1 Tbsp dry mustard
6 Cups water


Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer until water is reduced


Print


Simple ingredients, love when everything is already on hand

Sweet and delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment