Friday, May 10, 2013

Bandito Chili Dogs

While surfing food.com I came across this recipe. With a name like Bandito Chili Dogs I just KNEW it had to be made.

I threw everything in the crock pot the night before. Hubby dearest happened to be coming home from work on lunch, so I had him get the crock out of the fridge and turn it on for me.
Otherwise it's more of a weekend food...or game day food!

Hubby and the girl both managed to finish 2 each. They were so rich, I only managed one.
I also didn't bother chopping up the corn chips. I liked the way they looked sitting on top, whole, it was like we had rogue chips on our Bandito dogs!
(I know, I am silly...but that is ok)

Ingredients:
1 (1 lb) package hot dogs
2 (15 oz) cans chili without beans
1 (10 ¾ oz) can cheddar cheese soup
1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
Hot dog buns
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 cups corn chips (coarsely chopped)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Place hot dogs in slow cooker
2. In bowl, combine chili, soup, and chilies. Pour over hot dogs.
3. Cook on low for 4-5 hours
4. Serve hot dogs in buns.
5. Top with chili mixture, onion, corn chips, and cheese


Print


Ingredients

With our "wild and crazy" chips hanging out on top


No comments:

Post a Comment