Saturday, May 4, 2013

Crock Pot Hungarian Goulash

I picked up some stew beef on sale the other day, it has been sitting in my freezer waiting to be used ever since.

I know, at any point, I could have whipped up a quick beef stew, but I just knew that meat was destined for greatness!

I had seen this recipe on food.com and it spoke to me.
Seriously.
It said "use the beef...it is time"

When recipes start talking, I need to listen (or maybe not have that last glass of whatever)

Ingredients:
2 Lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 Large onion (sliced)
1 Clove garlic (minced)
½ Cup ketchup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp paprika
½ Tsp dry mustard
1 Cup water
¼ Cup flour

Directions:
1. Place meat in crockpot and cover with sliced onion.
2. Combine garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, paprika, and mustard. Stir in water, mix well and pour over meat.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
4. Dissolve flour in a small amount of cold water and stir into meat mixture.
5. Cook on high for 10-15 minutes or until thickened
6. Serve over noodles or rice


Print


Ingredients: Forgive my still partially frozen stew beef! 

It's wicked good served over mashed potato too!


No comments:

Post a Comment