Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Signature Salad (Cosi)

I saw this recipe on the Brown Eyed Baker's site and decided it sounded delish. Come to find out, it's a copycat Signature Salad from Cosi recipe.
I have heard of Cosi Restaurant, we have one within a 45 minute drive, it's just not something we have ever thought to go to.



We made this as a side dish to a chicken dish, and it went perfectly. Every layer of flavor was perfectly balanced. I then ate off it for two days following. Pleasantly surprised at how the mixed greens held up to the fact that it was dressed. No wilted lettuce here!

I did not take the time to peel my pears, it added another pop of color and we liked it that way. Sherry vinegar was harder to find than I thought, I grabbed what I thought was it, but it was sherry cooking wine. Used it anyway, no problems.


Ingredients:
8 oz mixed greens
2 Cup red grapes, sliced in half
2 Pears (peeled, cored, and diced)
⅔ Cup Craisins
½ Cup shelled pistachios
2 oz Gorgonzola cheese

Vinaigrette:
1 Medium shallot, minced
1 Clove garlic, minced
½ Tsp salt
¼ Tsp fresh ground pepper
½ Cup Sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
½ Cup olive oil

Directions:
1. Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl
2. Combine all dressing ingredients (minus olive oil)  in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Slowly pour olive oil into the vinegar mixture in a steady stream.
4. Pour over salad and toss to combine
5. Serve immediately


Print


Salad Ingredients: Yes, I took the time to shell my pistachios because that is what I had on hand

Dressing ingredients

Dressing, whisked and ready to go

If I had another pear in my house, I would make this again right now!




No comments:

Post a Comment