Monday, July 29, 2013

Cheesy Spinach and Bacon Dip

I am a sucker for anything with cheese...or spinach...or bacon...or any dip.
Yeah, I am easy to please.

I cut this recipe off the side of my Velveeta box, but found the recipe online for your ease.

The recipe calls for this to be microwaved. I just used my small crock pot and set it on warm awhile before our guests arrived, stirring every now and again. Everything melted perfectly and the crock kept the dip warm and gooey all day.

A couple of friends and I spent a good portion of the day crowded around said crock pot. Call us sad if you want, but it was so delish we didn't want to walk away. Or maybe we were just making sure nobody else got any of it!



Ingredients:
1 Package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
1 Lb (16 oz) Velveeta, cubed
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
1 Can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with chilies, undrained
8 Slices cooked bacon, crumbled

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients
2. Microwave on high 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted (stir after 3 minutes)


Print


Ingredients. I am thinking you could get away with using bacon bits, but I like using cooked bacon whenever possible.

Per usual, I forgot an ingredient in the picture. Here is the remaining half of my block of cream cheese.

A special shout out to the girl child for being my dip model. I paid her by allowing her to eat that chip and dip.



1 comment:

  1. I love recipes with 5 ingredients or less and dips and spinach and cheese! My S.O. won't eat this, but I'm gonna make it anyway!

    ReplyDelete