Monday, December 7, 2015

Rocky Road Fudge

When I make fudge, I usually stick to my basic, tried and true, auntie makes it all the time, recipe. That's all well and good...but branching out and attempting new things is the whole basis of this blog.

I was recipe hunting online and saw this one on the RecipeGirl site.
Easy? Check!
Delicious sounding? Check!
All ingredients on hand? Check!

OK...here we go!

The first thing I found "odd" was the use of sweetened condensed milk. All the fudge I have ever made called for evaporated milk.
But..being the wild and crazy girl I am...I kept on trucking.

This fudge is so super easy, and super yummy!
I found it a bit sweet for my tastes, so I cut them into thinner blocks than I would regular fudge. That way it is still just a taste.


Ingredients:
16 oz Semisweet chocolate, chopped finely
2 oz Unsweetened chocolate, chopped finely
½ Tsp baking soda
⅛ Tsp salt
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 Cup mini marshmallows
1 Cup roughly chopped peanuts
½ Cup semi sweet chocolate chips


Directions:

1. Line 8x8 inch baking pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray
2. In a medium heatproof bowl, toss 1st two chocolates with baking soda and salt.
3. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
4. Set bowl over 4 qt saucepan containing 2 cups of simmering water,
5. Stir with rubber spatula until chocolate is almost fully melted
6. Stir in marshmallows, peanuts, and additional chips
7. Add fudge to prepared pan and spread in an even layer
8. Refrigerate until set.
9. Remove from pan using foil, peel foil off, and cut into squares


Print



Come party with me HERE!

4 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what lovely fudge!! Sharing! Thank you for bringing this delicious recipe to us at the Hearth and Soul Hop, Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, what a great combination of flavors! Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Rocky Road Fudge looks amazing and I would love a piece right now! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great day.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete