Friday, December 11, 2015

Apple Butter Snickerdoodles

It's that cookie making time of year again!


Bread Booze Bacon is co-hosting yet another Blogger Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap!
I last participated in 2013 and had so much fun, I couldn't resist joining in again!
(See the original 2013 post here)

This time around I was paired with The Lawyer's Cookbook
She shared a Pumpkin Butter Snickerdoodle, along with the hint that I could use any type of fruit butter I happened to have on hand.
That being said, I decided to tap into my southern roots and break out the apple butter!

Mmm...the thought of apple cinnamon type cookies was very appealing.
As we know, my hubby is a little snickerdoodle obsessed !

The obstacle in front of me though, was the fact that I was not down south, and apple butter isn't as common up here in New England.
I hit up the local grocery for my normal weekly shop and decided to check out the jelly isle and see what could be found.

Can you believe, I found ONE jar of apple butter....right under a "Clearance, discontinued product" sign! Come on now, this just does not happen to me! Psyched!

So, please, feel free to try her original pumpkin butter, or any other fruit butter!


Ingredients:
3 Cups Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Salt
¾ Cup Butter (softened)
1 ¼ Cup Sugar + ⅓ Cup Sugar (divided)
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Vanilla
½ Cup Apple Butter
½ Tsp Cinnamon + 1 Tsp Cinnamon (divided)


Directions:

  1. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  2. To mixer, add 1 ¼ cup sugar and butter
  3. Cream until fluffy
  4. Add in eggs, vanilla, apple butter, and ½ tsp cinnamon
  5. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients
  6. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours
  7. Preheat oven to 350
  8. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
  9. Mix 1 tsp cinnamon and ⅓ cup sugar into shallow dish
  10. Roll dough into 2 tbsp sized balls
  11. Roll balls into cinnamon sugar mixture
  12. Bake 13-15 minutes




6 comments:

  1. They turned out beautifully! I hope you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG they were delicious! I had to make two batches because of all the "snickerdoodle sharing"!

      Delete
    2. OMG they were delicious! I had to make two batches because of all the "snickerdoodle sharing"!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of apple butter snickerdoodles before. I'm eager to try them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the addition of Apple Butter to your Snickerdoodles.Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great day.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound amazing! Thanks for sharing on the Country Fair Blog Party this month!

    ReplyDelete