All you normally need is just a few tablespoons of it at a time.
Then it just kinda makes it's way to the back of the fridge until, eventually, someone sees it again and throws it away. Such a waste!
I decided I needed to use at least a smidge more of it before the "waste guilt" washed over me.
A quick google search came up with this recipe from About.com.
My lime loving daughter is not a key lime fan, and I am anti-citrus, so that took two eaters out of the equation.
Hubby had some, I brought some to two different aunts, pawned a big container of it off on hubby's volleyball team, and brought some to work.
Everyone really enjoyed it...score!
¼ Cup butter
¼ Cup sugar
1 ¼ Cup graham cracker crumbs
20 oz chopped white chocolate
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
¼ Tsp salt
2 Tbsp lime zest
3 Tbsp key lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Line 9x9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
3. Place butter in a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted.
4. Stir in the sugar and graham cracker crumbs until everything is moistened
5. Pour crumbs into prepared pan and press into an even layer
6. Bake crust for 5 minutes. Let cool.
7. Place the white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and salt into large microwave safe bowl.
8. Microwave chocolate mixture in 30 second intervals, stirring, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
9. Add lime juice and zest to chocolate and stir
10. Pour fudge into prepared pan and smooth top11. Refrigerate until completely set, 2-3 hours or overnight
Come party with me HERE!