Saturday, January 12, 2013

Juicy Lucy Burger

What feels like a million years ago, I started experimenting in the kitchen. I thought it would be fun to make a twist on a normal hamburger and have the cheese be like a meat wrapped present INSIDE the burger.

It was always a hit when I made them for my daughter, and a bigger hit when I would bring them to cook outs.
I played with the cheeses...if you wanted melty, use American or Velveeta.
Bleu cheese gave it a savory bite.
Salsa and monterey jack gave it a Mexican flair.
It was F-U-N

Watching TV one night, I think it was Diners, Drive ins and Dives, and I saw something called a "Juicy Lucy" burger. Sad me realized my fun little idea was not original.

I still make them, but changed what I call them, and am more than willing to credit recipes like this one. Going by a recipe like that makes it more authentic. Mine is simple...season as you see fit.

Ingredients:
Hamburger
Seasonings to taste
Melting cheese (like American)


Directions:
1. Form a thin burger patty, with an indent in the middle
2. Place a good amount of cheese into the indent
3. Form another thin burger patty, place on top of the first one
4. Seal sides and cook


Print



Come party with me HERE!

4 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I have heard of these before but never made. Will try it out. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Thank you for sharing on the last Whisk It Wednesday Link Party! Tomorrow morning when then new party starts your link will be featured! I hope to see you there again soon! Carrie at Carrie’s Home Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have been making these for years, maybe it's the other folks' idea that isn't original, Jay! Regardless, these look like such delicious burgers, and I love the flexibility your recipe offers. Thank you for bringing these to the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Hope to see you at the first party of the year in January 8th. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete