Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Garlic and Peppercorn Fried Shrimp (Applebee's)

I found this recipe online here, and have made this a few times.
Apparently this is an Applebee's coy cat recipe. I eat there so infrequently, that I don't even know if this is really on the menu or not...and if so, I wouldn't know if the taste is "spot on" or not.
If anyone knows this answer, please chime in!

This makes for yummy, crunchy shrimp for that meal. I have yet to master making them crispy again as leftovers.

As a hint, you might want to use jumbo shrimp. I used little, as that is what I had on hand.
Jumbo will take less cooking time.


Ingredients:
1 Pound shrimp: raw, peeled, tail off, thawed
Vegetable oil as needed
½ Cup wheat flour
¼ Teaspoon salt
2 Teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
½ Teaspoon paprika
1 Teaspoon sugar
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 Cup bread crumbs


Directions:
1. Fill pan with 2-3 inches oil and heat to 350 degrees
2. Combine flour, salt, 1 tsp pepper, garlic, paprika, and sugar in a bowl
3. Beat eggs only slightly in a separate bowl
4. Mix breadcrumbs and 1 tsp pepper in a third bowl
5. Coat shrimp with flour mixture, then eggs, then bread crumbs (shake off excess between coats)
6. Fry 2-3 minutes until golden brown


Print


Ingredients 

Mounds of crispy (mini) shrimp, served with cocktail sauce.


5 comments:

  1. I never think to make fried shrimp at home but I do love it! Pinned. Thanks for hosting another great Sunday link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, I love fried shrimp and yours look so delicious Jay and pretty easy to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will love your Fried Shrimp,it looks fantastic! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay I definitely have to make these, I am such a shrimp lover ad always on the look out for new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit we rarely have shrimp. But, this would be really good. Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight party.

    ReplyDelete