I flipped through, per usual, and came across this recipe.
Maybe we be weird type folks, but Hubby and I love us some broccoli. Even the girl child has always loved broccoli.
(grammar nazis...I know, I know...but it just felt right to say it that way!)
As I am one of those deprived wives, I have no food processor. (sigh) Anyone else out there have this problem?
If so, I was able to do this in my blender just fine! I just did it in batches, adding some oil and garlic in with each batch of broccoli.
Oh the garlic smell is delicious.
The broccoli and Parmesan paired perfectly!
I have leftovers in the fridge...I might need some now, hey, it's veggie, right?! Good for you and all that stuff!
Salt and Pepper
1 Lb broccoli stems and florets (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
1 Lb spaghetti
¼ Cup olive oil
1 Clove garlic (minced)
½ Cup heavy cream
1 Cup grated Parmesan
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil
2. Add broccoli and cook until soft
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to food processor
4. Add spaghetti to pot and cook to al dente
5. Add olive oil and garlic to broccoli and process until smooth
6. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in heavy cream and parmesan
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper
8. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking water9. Mix pasta with pesto adding water 1 Tbsp at a time if pesto seems to dry
Come party with me here!