(isn't that a clever way to put it?)
We met some true characters...some were fantastic...others, well, let's just say it took 4 of us to keep these two little kids from destroying everything that was put out for sale.
Since it would be running from breakfast past lunch, the aunties and I split up the food duties.
I brought breakfast burritos, Auntie V brought some pulled pork, Auntie A brought all the chip type foods, and Auntie N made sure we had plenty of drinks.
I also made this Pillsbury cheesecake...as, well, no meal is complete without something sweet!
1 ½ Cups graham cracker crumbs
6 Tbsp butter (melted)
2 Packages (8 oz each) cream cheese (softened)
1 ¼ Cups sugar
12 oz mascarpone cheese (softened)
2 Tsp grated lemon peel
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 10 oz bags frozen berries (drained)
⅓ Cup jam
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Spray bottom and side of a 9 inch springform pan
3. In small bowl, mix crust ingredients
4. Press crust in bottom of pan
5. Bake 7 minutes or until set
6. Reduce oven temperature to 300
7. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar
8. Beat in mascarpone cheese
9. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended
10. Beat in lemon peel and lemon juice
11. Pour filling over crust
12. Bake 70 minutes
13. Turn oven off, leave door open a minimum of 4 inches, and leave cheesecake for 30 minutes
14. Cool in refrigerator overnight
15. Spoon berries over top of cheesecake16. Microwave jam 45 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over berries.
No pictures of this cut as I did not take the pan off until we got to Nana's...and then I didn't think about it!! Not to mention the barbarians attacking this!
Come party with me HERE!