Friday, March 29, 2013

Chicken Spread

I found this recipe online and adapted it to my needs

The original recipe called for an entire small onion diced. I am anti raw onion. I put in half a small onion, just for the flavor.
I debated using some Onion Onion to get the flavor without that raw onion taste, but for my first go round with this recipe I decided to keep it close to the original.

I tested this on some garlic Triscuits and it was good, an extra layer of flavor.
Bringing this to a friend's house today, and she has little ones, so I will just stick to Ritz, an easier flavor for them.

Oh, the original recipe also called for canned chicken. I am also anti canned chicken. I use pre portioned shredded chicken I keep in the freezer for just these occasions!

I think this recipe took about 5 minutes to make. I will forever be keeping these ingredients on hand  for drop in guests!


Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
½ Small onion, finely chopped
4 oz shredded chicken
1 Tbsp Mayo
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce

Directions:
1. Blend all ingredients with a hand mixer
2. Serve with your favorite crackers


Print


Ingredients. The ugly bag-o-stuff is my previously frozen chicken



No comments:

Post a Comment