Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Braised Drumsticks

I am always on the lookout for sale meat, just to stretch the budget. Chicken drumsticks always seem to be wicked cheap...sold!

Hubby and girl love when they see them in the grocery cart because they know I will be braising them.

I have this huge issue with under-cooked meat. In an effort to make sure the meat closest to the bone is cooked all the way through, as well as still being juicy and tender, this was my happy medium.

In a 9x13 pan I put the chicken and whatever else I happen to have on hand!

Some options I have used, in any number of combinations: Italian dressing, garlic powder, minced garlic, creole seasoning, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme. ANYTHING!

I add a cup or two of water and a chicken bouillon and am ready to go. (wine works well as your liquid too).
Feel free to add more liquid as it's cooking if you feel it needs it.

Cook these at 250 for about 2 hours. Cover with tin foil and then cook for up to 4 hours longer.
The meat just falls off the bone!

Cooked low and slow for a loooong time

No comments:

Post a Comment