Tuesday, March 26, 2013

How to store leftover soup

We love soup in our house, we eat gallons of it, especially in the winter.
I was never taught how to cook "small", everything I make feeds an army. As a family of three, that makes for tons of leftovers.
I usually make soup and farm it out to Nana, neighbors, whoever happens to cross my path...but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

Eventually we get tired of eating it meal after meal after meal...
and freezing it as a whole meant, you guessed it, more of the same meals.

So, to make it easier, I freeze it in single servings.
This way, we can take it out of the freezer 1 cup at a time. Much more manageable!

You will need: Leftover soup, a muffin tin, and plastic wrap
Place plastic wrap over all of the cups. I needed two sheets. The middle of the pan overlapped, but that is ok. It does not have to be pretty, it exists only for making soup removal easier.



Remove the frozen soup cups and store them in twos in zipper bags. (Labeled!) and then you can reheat just a cup at a time! No more wasted soup!

P.S. The leftover soup here is Caboosta



No comments:

Post a Comment