Monday, March 4, 2013

Cheese and Chili Pita Triangles

So, I had this grand scheme that I was going to try out this new recipe that I have had hanging around forever.

I grabbed everything I needed, with the exception of the olives (yuck, sorry girl child) and was all set to make them for a football party.

Party day came, and that was the last thing I was to make. I had tucked the recipe back away because "this is easy peasey, who needs the recipe".
Apparently I do.

I spread the chili sauce on the pita and topped it with cheese...just like a pizza.
Forgot the mayo and the green onion completely.
Certainly didn't use any mayo.

I can honestly say they were delicious! Every last wedge got eaten.
I fully intend to make these again, the REAL way, and take updated pictures.

Love when happy mistakes happen!

Ingredients:
1 Cup shredded mozzarella
1 Cup shredded cheddar
⅓ Cup chili sauce
¼ Cup mayonnaise
¼ Cup sliced pimento stuffed olives
4 (6-inch) whole pita breads (unsplit)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Combine all ingredients except pita
3. Spread mixture on pitas
4. Cook 10-12 minutes
5. Let pitas stand 2-3 minutes and cut into wedges


Print



My original "more like pizza" version


No comments:

Post a Comment