Monday, February 4, 2013

Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine

Yet another recipe card (I told you, I have a million of them!)

The girl child had a friend spending the night who happens to be a pescetarian. As a former vegetarian, I do try to be aware of her wishes and make dishes I think she might enjoy.

I wish I had taken a picture of the girls LICKING the plates when they finished! They both ate this faster than lightning.

Hubby dearest says it's his favorite "new" recipe to date.

Explaining this to my mother, she asked if we could exchange the meat (and the fungi as far as she is concerned) and I am sure chicken would be just as yum.

The card also enclosed a handy tip for reheating: Put in a casserole dish, sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.



Ingredients:
1 Lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
¼ Cup chicken broth or white wine (I used broth)
2 Cloves garlic, minced
8 Oz Fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 ½ Cups heavy whipping cream
1 Tsp dried basil
1 Tsp salt
8 Oz fettuccine
⅔ Cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Bring two cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat
2. Add shrimp and boil for 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink
3. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon
4. Continue boiling shrimp liquid. Add broth/wine and garlic.
5. Boil until liquid is reduced to about ½ cup (about 12 minutes)
6. Add mushrooms, whipping cream, basil, and salt
7. Simmer sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes
8. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well. Place in a large bowl.
9. Add shrimp to saucepan, heat for 1 minute.
10. Spoon shrimp and sauce over pasta.
11. Sprinkle top with parmesan, toss, serve immediately


Print


Ingredients



No comments:

Post a Comment