Sunday, February 10, 2013

Baked Potato Salad

One day my mother and I decided to get some potato salad at the deli counter of our local grocery. We liked it, but figured we could come up with a better version on our own.

After many failed batches, this is what we came up with.

I am incredibly picky about my potato salad, this is the only one (to date) that I have found I like.

This salad is requested at many functions. In fact, I brought it to my boss' house for a cookout one year; the next work day he asked me for the recipe. To this day, he makes it all the time. He says now it's requested of HIM everywhere they go.

Ingredients:
8-10 Potato, washed
One bunch of green onions (chopped)
1 Tbsp mayo
½ Cup sour cream
1 ½ Cup bacon bits
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder

Directions:
1. Wash potatoes
2. Cut potato (with peels on) into 1 inch cubes
3. Boil until just tender, drain
4. Mix mayo and sour cream into potato
5. Add cheese, bacon, and green onion (reserving some for garnish)
6. Season to taste
7. If salad is too thick, add more sour cream
8. Garnish with left over bacon, onion, and cheese


Print


Ingredients

Hm, there are leftovers in the fridge...I think I need some now!


No comments:

Post a Comment