Friday, February 8, 2013

Bacon Pancakes

Pancakes and Bacon are just one of those classic pairings. Romeo and Juliet (without the tragedy) if you will!

A few times, out and about on breakfast journeys, I have had pancakes with bacon bits in them. I have also had link sausage on a stick, dipped in pancake batter, and deep fried.

All so, so good...lip smacking!

With my new love of cooking bacon in the oven, I thought I would try inserting a piece of bacon into the morning pancakes.
(I am sure this would work very well with sausage too!)
I put individual pieces of bacon on the griddle and just covered it with batter. Cook, flip, done.

Next time I might have a thin layer of batter, put the bacon in, top with batter...flip, done.

Mmmmm

Two for one breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment