Friday, February 15, 2013

Cheesy Potato Soup

This blog started as a list of all recipes I have tried and liked.
Um, hence the name "tried and true"....

But this is also my online diary of recipes. I think it would be important to remember which ones weren't quite my favorite...if nothing else, so I don't gather the same recipe again!

Hubby and the girl child ate this..they said it wasn't bad. Me, I ate two bites. Just wasn't feeling it.

I know, makes you want to run out and get the ingredients, huh?
But seriously, everyone has different tastes...you might find it fantastic!

Ingredients:
1 Bag (32oz) frozen southern style diced hash browns
½ Cup frozen chopped onion
1 Medium stalk celery (diced)
1 Carton (32oz) chicken broth
1 Cup water
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 Cup milk
1 Bag (8oz) shredded cheddar cheese
4 Medium green onions (sliced)

Optional: ¼ Cup real bacon pieces

Directions:
1. In slow cooker,mix potato, onion, celery, broth and water
2. Cover, cook on low heat for 6-8 hours
3. In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture
4. Increase heat setting to high for 30 minutes or until mixture thickens
5. Garnish with green onions and optional bacon bits


Print

No comments:

Post a Comment