The same friend I discussed trying to starve here.
Thankfully she is wise and forgiving.
(Thankfully for me that is! We have been friends for so long, I can't imagine not having her a text message away!)
I finally got around to making this soup and it was DELISH! We all had it for dinner, and then the girl child and I made two more meals each out of it.
I have to admit, the escarole part sort of threw me for a loop.
Salad type product? In soup?
It made it though...it simply needed it!
I sent her a text to let her know I made it (which means she is also eagerly awaiting to see it posted here!). We talked about it for a bit...and then she drops the magic words "I think my mom got this recipe from Wegman's".
My grocery oasis.
Love me some Wegman's...as does my friend.
See, this soup was just meant for us!
1.5 Lbs mild Italian sausage patty
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
8 oz chopped onion
3 Cloves garlic (minced)
14 oz escarole blend
44 oz chicken stock
15.5 oz cannelini beans (drained)
1 Cup ditalini pasta
¼ Cup finely chopped parsley
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Cut each sausage patty into 8 pieces, shape into balls
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in large pan
3. Add sausage balls and cook, turning to brown all sides
4. Remove sausage from pan and set aside (discard drippings)
5. Return pan to heat and add remaining 2 tbsp oil
6. Add onions to pan
7. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until onions are translucent
8. Add garlic and cook until soft
9. Add escarole, stirring occasionally until wilted
10. Season to taste with salt and pepper
11. Stir in stock, beans, and browned sausage
12. Add pasta and simmer 10 minutes13. Add parsley and lemon juice
Come party with me HERE!