This happened to be the same Saturday that we were going to be off volunteering that day.
Mega rush morning.
Wasn't thinking clearly, and had promised her this quiche.
(Adapted from Pillsbury)
When one is trying to get a family of three out the door and make breakfast...one must be ready to improvise. My bacon was frozen. No think ahead Mama here...nope. Sigh. No time to thaw it, and microwave thawing bacon just makes me gag.
Welcome bacon bits, I am so happy to see you today!
I changed the original recipe to include bacon bits instead of bacon pieces and it was still delicious. Whew! Promise keeper status upheld!
1 Refrigerated pie crust (softened)
1 Cup half and half
4 Eggs (slightly beaten)
¼ Tsp salt
¼ Tsp pepper
½ Cup bacon bits
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Place pie crust in 9 inch pie plate
3. In medium bowl, mix half and half, eggs, salt, and pepper
4. Layer bacon and cheeses in crust lined plate
5. Pour egg mixture over the top
6. Bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean7. Let stand 5 minutes before serving
Come party with me HERE!