We do miss those who are no longer with us!
A crazy week surrounded this recipe. A certain material hit the proverbial fan if you catch my drift. Insanity reigned supreme!
Finally, a quiet night at home (so to speak)! Then I looked around and realized I had taken nothing out of the freezer.
Thankfully I had this recipe on hand. My bacon was frozen too...and I was not thawing the whole pound. I substituted 1/4 cup bacon bits for the bacon in this recipe, and it worked just fine. I also used a can of mushrooms I had on hand instead of the real ones which were still residing at the grocery store.
½ Cup chopped onion
½ Small package sliced mushrooms
4 Slices of bacon, cooked to crisp and crumbled (reserve grease)
½ Tsp salt
¼ Tsp pepper
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Cup milk
½ Cup Bisquick mix
1. Heat oven to 400
2. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray
3. Cook onions in the leftover bacon grease
4. Stir in salt and pepper
5. Spread onions, bacon, and mushrooms in bottom of pie plate
6. Combine remaining ingredients in blender
7. Pour into pie plate
8. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown9. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving