Monday, March 21, 2016

Quiche Lorraine

Yet another recipe from my dear friend Ann.
:::sigh:::
We do miss those who are no longer with us!

A crazy week surrounded this recipe. A certain material hit the proverbial fan if you catch my drift. Insanity reigned supreme!

Finally, a quiet night at home (so to speak)! Then I looked around and realized I had taken nothing out of the freezer.

Thankfully I had this recipe on hand. My bacon was frozen too...and I was not thawing the whole pound. I substituted 1/4 cup bacon bits for the bacon in this recipe, and it worked just fine. I also used a can of mushrooms I had on hand instead of the real ones which were still residing at the grocery store.

Ingredients:
½ Cup chopped onion
½ Small package sliced mushrooms
4 Slices of bacon, cooked to crisp and crumbled (reserve grease)
½ Tsp salt
¼ Tsp pepper
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Cup milk
½ Cup Bisquick mix
2 Eggs



Directions:
1. Heat oven to 400
2. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray
3. Cook onions in the leftover bacon grease
4. Stir in salt and pepper
5. Spread onions, bacon, and mushrooms in bottom of pie plate
6. Combine remaining ingredients in blender
7. Pour into pie plate
8. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown
9. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving

Print





Come party with me HERE!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks so good and I love the recipe. I co-host a blog party on Monday's called Cooking and Crafting with J & J at Julie's Lifestyle. I would love to have you come and share this with us. Thanks.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had this awhile and it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love how easily you can substitute things and still have it turn out yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious!!

    I would LOVE for you join and share this at my DIY and Recipes FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quiche lorraine looks perfect, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning and tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Quiche & this recipe looks great! Thank you for joining the Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your recipe sounds yummy! Definitely one I need to try.

    ReplyDelete