Last night we were at the grocery store and hubby stopped to grab a pack of Chips Ahoy cookies.
But, as he says, "yours may be better...but there is something nostalgic about Chips Ahoy. Dunk them, you know exactly how they will react."
Apparently the dunking factor is a big one.
I let him get his cookies.
Sometimes we try and try...and it's just not the "same". Whateves.
It's a little silly to be jealous over a pack of cookies, huh?
So....let's make dunkable bars!
If he's lucky, I might even share one with him. (insert evil laugh here)
I had happened to cut this recipe off the back of a bag of chocolate chunks, but found it online for your ease.
1 ½ Sticks butter (softened)
1 ¾ Cup all purpose flour
⅓ Cup granulated sugar
¼ Tsp salt
11.5 oz package semi sweet chocolate chunks
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease 9 x 13 inch baking pan
3. Beat butter in a large mixer bowl until creamy
4. Beat in flour, sugar, and salt until crumbly
5. Press 2 cups of crumb mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan (reserve remaining mix)
6. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown
7. Combine 1 cup chunks and sweetened condensed milk in small, heavy duty saucepan
8. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth.
9. Stir in vanilla extract
10. Spread over hot crust
11. Stir remaining chunks into reserved crumb mixture
12. Sprinkle over chocolate filling
13. Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is set14. Cool and cut into bars
Come party with me HERE!