Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Blogging for Books: Fast Food Manic by Jon Hein

** Note** I was provided a free copy of this book by www.bloggingforbooks.com in exchange for my unbiased opinion.

So, normally I review cookbooks, but this time I decided to deviate from the norm. The premise was interesting so I decided it would be a different sort of read.

I wasn't in love.
It really felt like a bunch of Wikipedia articles smooshed together with a random memory or two thrown in.
All the facts were there, which was semi interesting...but nothing that really kept my interest.

Each "chapter" was a new fast food joint. There was a pseudo message board picture at the beginning telling what each restaurant was known for, and what was a must have.
I stopped reading these almost immediately.
If I have been there, I already know what to order.
If I have never heard of it, or it's not in my area...what do I care?

Maybe I would have attached myself to this book more had there of been more personal references. He had a Roy Rogers birthday party that seared itself into his memory. Why don't I know more about it than that one fact?
I am also aware that he ate a lot of Domino's and had a McDonald's in his backyard. That's all the personality that was infused into this book.

All in all, I don't feel like I wasted my time reading this, I just feel like he could have done more with it than repeat facts.



No comments:

Post a Comment